More gaming delights for your eyeballs as we take a look at the week’s big news stories and some upcoming fun.
MAR10 D4Y D15C0UNT5
Many of the moustachio’d pipe jumper’s latest titles – including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Party, Mario Tennis Aces, and Super Mario Odyssey – are included in a cheap bundle with the Switch console from the 10th until 17th March.
The games will also get a price-reduction if bought separately on the store, making this a great chance to fill out your collection.
No word yet on whether we will get a repeat of the glorious reduced-price Super Mario Run deal from last year. For more information, check out the official Nintendo website.
The fan-adored and long-awaited sequel to the Dreamcast classics Shenmue 3 got a new trailer this week…. and it does not disappoint. Yes, there was some combat on display, which looked all fine and good. Yes, there were glimpses of characters and story to whet your collective appetites, no issue there.
The real joy (for me) came from the amazingly horrific facial animations – which don’t seem to have changed since the initial teaser was released back in August 2017. That was fairly early in development, so having what appeared to be action figures woodenly bark the dialogue was understandable. Now we’re quite far into the development cycle and the facial animation has not improved… at all. The game is due for release this August, so it’s pretty unlikely the faces will improve between now and release. Get ready for some weird-ass expressions…
Here are some of my favourite examples from the new trailer:
Girl Power (Up)
This week we celebrated International Women’s Day and got to enjoy the mindless cries of morons asking when we will get an International Men’s Day.
Gaming giants Sony – probably listening to their marketing department who insist that women gamers are a growing market to capture – have commemorated the day with a special PS4 theme.
It’s actually pretty sweet and includes many badass gaming legends from the past few years.
The theme is now available worldwide (and it’s free) so consider giving it a download to spice up your PS4 home screen.
A summary of the new releases now, with all their promise of joy and entertainment.
|Don’t Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland||Mac/PC||Armor Games||11/03/2019|
|LEGO Marvel Collection||PC/PS4/XO||Warner Bros.||12/03/2019|
|RICO||PS4/XO (13th)/NS (14th)/PC (14th)||Rising Star Games||12/03/2019|
|Trüberbrook||Mac/PC (NS/PS4/XO 17th April)||Headup||12/03/2019|
|Baba is You||Lin/Mac/PC/NS||Hempuli||13/03/2019|
|Golf Peaks||NS||After Burn Games||14/03/2019|
|Motorsport Manager||NS||Curve Digital||14/03/2019|
|One Piece World Seeker||PC/PS4/XO||Bandai Namco||15/03/2019|
The Wins (alternative news)
We’ve run out of time before managing to share more details about these other globules of gaming news from this week:
- Mexican newspaper accidentally publishes fake screenshot for “Pokémon Uzi Killer”
- Gamers outraged as Sony officially discontinues production of obsolete handheld console (was it the PS La Vida Loca? nope, don’t remember)
- The Sims management apologise for poor handling of complaints relating to Sim-abuse
- IGN shocks gamers with article about video gaming
- The Division 2 will split the game’s launch date – players who pre-ordered the premium edition and download it through UBendPlay will get it first (as long as they were born on a Thursday). Players born in a leap year who pre-ordered the standard edition will get access after that
- Anthem will soon release patch to prevent PS4 consoles setting on fire during gameplay
- Detective Pikachu hopes to be the most terrifying CGI game adaptation, Sonic replies with “hold my beer”
- Steam removes creepy-as-fuck game from the store due to “patently obvious and well-known risks”
- Sony releases official remote play app for Blackberry devices
- Pokemon GO is testing new “Witching Hour” raids between 2 and 3am
Missed last week’s News Hit and desperate for more?
Join the Coaching for Geeks Community like Matt did, and you could be roped into playing games and writing words!