Welcome to Week 2 of Coaching for Geeks ‘creator of the month’ for February 2019. Today we look at 2 more pieces from the very talented Jolanda Snellenberg (Den Gröna Fenixen) along with a little insight to each.
Creating LARP outfits is where my creativity really gets pushed to evolve. It gives the right amount of freedom and constraints for my creativity to totally run wild. This is only one of many outfits for this character and I’ve made everything from the hat to the uncountable layers of skirts. I love working on details like the earrings I made for her. Whenever possible, I try to upcycle things found in second hand stores, like the necklace.
These beads provide a new life to the old stories. This picture to me shows that selling your craft is about more than just creating good work. The part after, photographing them in their best way, is a very fun challenge. It’s not easy, but it forces you to look at your own creations differently, and sometimes gives you new ideas for other items.
You can find more of Jolanda’s great work at these locations
- On Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/DenGronaFenixen
- On Etsy at https://www.etsy.com/se-en/shop/DenGronaFenixen
You can find the original blog post and interview here
PS: If you would like to be featured as Creator of the Month ask in the Coaching for Geeks Facebook group
Latest posts by Robert House (see all)
- Creator of the Month Feb 2019 – Den Gröna Fenixen (Week 3) - February 21, 2019
- Beat Wheat – a guide to Coeliac disease - February 15, 2019
- Creator of the Month Feb 2019 – Den Gröna Fenixen (Week 2) - February 14, 2019